Eastern Illinois University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The baccalaureate nursing program at Eastern Illinois University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Designated #2 on "The 10 Most Affordable College Towns in America" list by BusinessInsider.com (2015)
- Ranked in the top 12 "America’s Best Bang for the Buck Colleges 2015" in the Midwest by Washington Monthly
- Offers the lowest administrative cost per student among Illinois public universities, according to a recent report by the Illinois Auditor General
- Ranked the #8 top public regional university in the Midwest—the highest-ranking public regional comprehensive university in Illinois—by U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- Home of the 2011 and 2013 "Illinois Professor of the Year"
- Designated #14 in the "The 50 Best Study-Abroad Programs" in America by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Retention rate is 7% higher than the national average
- 90% of grads secure work within 6 months of graduation
- Alumni satisfaction rate is 98% one year after graduation and 99% nine years after graduation
- Prepares more undergraduates who go on to earn doctoral degrees than any other master's college/university in Illinois, per a recent National Science Foundation survey
- The first choice school for more than 75% of new students in the Pine Honors College